Last week is Mango's week and this week I plan to unlock all Android device, this time XOOM Wifi(TW version).
1. Download Anroid SDK,thought I had installed couple months ago, I decideded to update SDK include the latest version ICS(4.0)http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2. Download MOTO Official image pack(MZ604 - XOOM with Wi-Fi) from MOTODev, register as a Developer member is required.
3. Get a 3rd-party recovery image from XDA, i.e: CWM Rogue Recovery v1.3.0
4. XOOM upgrade to official 3.1 ROM by OTA (Taiwan version)
5. Copy [ROM] Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 2.2.2 into XOOM by USB Mode.
6. Copy fastboot.exe from ~Android\android-sdk\tools to ~Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
1. [MOTO] copy MOTO official image (MZ604 - XOOM with Wi-Fi) to SDK folder, i.e:
2. [XDA][Unlock] copy CWM Rougue recovery image to SDK folder, i.e:
3. [XOOM] Make sure enable USB Debug mode and connect the USB cable between PC/XOOM
4. [XOOM][PC] Open console on PC by cmd and going to sdk tools folder, i.e:
[CMD] cd "C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\"
4.1 [XOOM][PC] XOOM entering fastboot mode
[CMD] adb reboot bootloader
4.2 [XOOM][PC] XOOM entering OEM unlock mode
[CMD] fastboot oem unlock
In this phase, using volume down key to toggle the prompt question and using volume up key to commit the action.
4.3 [XOOM][PC] during XOOM rebooting, press and hold volume down key to re-enter fast boot mode. if the timing is missed, reboot XOOM then press and hold both volume up/down key to try again. or just perform 4.1~4.2 again.
4.4 [XOOM][PC] XOOM flashing image and wipe data.
[CMD] fastboot flash boot boot.img
[CMD] fastboot flash system system.img
[CMD] fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
[CMD] fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
[CMD] fastboot erase cache
[CMD] fastboot reboot
Ok, this time we get a new recovery image XOOM which can flash any other 3rd-Party ROM Code or application update now.
4.5 Copy ROM Code file to internal storage root folder, 3rd-Party ROM from XDA, [ROM] Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 2.2.2
4.6 [XOOM] flash new ROM by entering recovery mode, reboot XOOM (after MOTO logo displayed press volume-down key reapeatly), in case the device enter other mode, press and hold volume UP and Power key to reboot and test again)
[XOOM] select install from zip file (power key is used to commit the action)
[XOOM] select "Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 2.2.2.zip"
[XOOM] select wipe data/factory reset
[XOOM] select wipe cache
[XOOM] reboot device.... whole new XOOM here :)
finally I found lot of guy doing related work on different devices in TW and provide detailed description, like: https://sites.google.com/site/viplabncnu/project-definition
It's time for Android devices to PC-lization era.